The goals of the Foodshed Alliance is to foster Healthy Land, Healthy Food and Healthy Communities. To do this, we:
- Promote a robust farm economy in northwest New Jersey through local efforts and regional collaborations.
- Develop programs that contribute to the sustainability of local farms.
- Raise people’s awareness about the value of locally-grown food and farming.
- Demonstrate how farming and food is an integral part of our health, our economy, our communities, and the environment.
- Encourage and support farming practices that respect and replenish the land and its natural ecosystems while producing healthy food.
- Contribute to the development of a regional network of farmers, consumers, and agricultural professionals devoted to building a local food system. Serve as a clearinghouse for the information, resources, and services provided by this community.
- Advance agriculture as a way of preserving our rural landscapes and hindering their destruction by the spread of sprawl.