Connecting Food, Farms and the Environment
To Rebuild our Local Food Economy
Healthy Land, Healthy Food and Healthy Communities
The goals of the Foodshed Alliance is to foster Healthy Land, Healthy Food and Healthy Communities. To do this, we:
- Promote a robust farm economy in northwest New Jersey through local efforts and regional collaborations.
- Develop programs that contribute to the sustainability of local farms.
- Raise people’s awareness about the value of locally-grown food and farming.
- Demonstrate how farming and food is an integral part of our health, our economy, our communities, and the environment.
- Encourage and support farming practices that respect and replenish the land and its natural ecosystems while producing healthy food.
- Contribute to the development of a regional network of farmers, consumers, and agricultural professionals devoted to building a local food system. Serve as a clearinghouse for the information, resources, and services provided by this community.
- Advance agriculture as a way of preserving our rural landscapes and hindering their destruction by the spread of sprawl.
Get the latest from
© 2017 Foodshed Alliance
Foodshed Alliance, Inc.
P.O. Box 713
27 Main Street, 2nd floor
Blairstown, NJ 07825
ph: (908) 362-7967
fax: (908) 235-4461