Crustless Spinach & Goat Cheese Quiche
3 cups of fresh spinach spinach
a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves – finely chopped
3 extra large eggs
1 cup of milk (you can choose a fat free milk to reduce calories)
2 ounces of crumbled goat cheese
9-inch greased cake pan (or pie pan)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a 9-inch pan
2. Cook the spinach in a pot over medium heat until it wilts completely. Cool it down.
3. When cool, put the spinach between two paper towels and squeeze all the liquid out. Set aside the roughly one cup of packed spinach.
4. In a skillet, add the splash of olive oil and the chopped garlic. Cook for another few minutes without burning. Add the spinach and stir it for another minute to help more water evaporate. Turn off the heat and let cool.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and the milk. Add the mix to the cake pan. Add the spinach to the mix. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
6. Bake in the oven until puffed and golden brown on the top (maybe 30-40 mins)
7. Serve it warm or room temperature. It’s a great breakfast treat! Serves 4.